I typically hit legs hard and heavy mid-week. All the squats, lunges, and leg presses I can handle and then a few extra sets for bonus. But I like to hit lower body twice a week for those optimal results which means a Saturday or Sunday session. There are times with my family schedule that getting into the gym is just not possible. So I’ve put together a little home Leg workout that requires no equipment. My legs were sore for 2 days afterwards. So this is not a active rest or your basic home cardio circuit. This is a muscle breaking beat down.
Home Leg Circuit: Do these 4 exercises back to back with no rest for 1 round. Do 5-7 rounds total with minimal to no rest between rounds.
1. Recumbent Bike or jog for 2 minutes. Moderate intensity.
2. Assisted Pistol Squat: 15 reps each leg. View video Here.
3. Single Leg Bridge: 15 reps each leg. View video Here.
4. Switch Lunges: 10-15 reps each leg. View video Here. If these are too difficult do Lunge Squats instead. View video Here.
*This last weekend I did 7 rounds with no rest between rounds. Challenge yourself and let me know how you do.
-Wittig, ISSA CPT
Kaged Muscle Athlete
- Apparel and lifting shoes by Ryderwear. Get 10% off Ryderwear.com/Wittig and use code Wittig10.
- Wittig fueled by Kaged Muscle Supplements. Get 15% off Kagedmuscle.com with code Wittig15.
- Custom Programs and Nutrition Plans: WittigWorks.com