A few years ago I was in great shape, but thin in the shoulders among other places. Being a natural ectomorph I was never wide. This last year I’ve really concentrated on bringing up my Shoulder strength and size. I’m pretty happy with my progress. Here is how I’ve been attacking shoulders lately with great success.
-Wittig, ISSA CPT
Kaged Muscle Athlete
I train rear Delts after my Back beatdown. I typically pick one of the following exercises for 4-5 sets. The rep ranges and advanced techniques change from week to week.
Favorite Rear Delt exercises:
Bent Over DB Raises
Side Lying FB Raise
Reverse Fly Machine
Recent Rear Delt workout:
1. Uni-lateral EZ Bar Bent Over Lateral Raises: 5 sets of 15, 12, 12, 8 + drop set for another 8 reps, 8 + drop set for another 8 reps each side.
I hit Delts first before hitting Back again. I am currently hitting Back 3x a week btw. This day I concentrate more on front delts and the big power movements. I typically pick 2 exercises and do 10-12 total sets.
Favorite Front Delt Exercises:
Seated DB Press
Standing Military Press
Standing Behind the Neck Press
Front Raises (db and barbell)
Recent Front Delt workout:
1. Seated DB Press: 7 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8, 5 + 2 partial reps, 5 + 1 partial, 10 reps.
2. Barbell Front Raises: 5 sets of 10 reps. Increasing weight each set and cheating a bit as the weight gets heavier and taking the negatives slow. Last set was a triple drop set.
I hit Delts a final time for the week after Back once again. This time I hit the front delts again and the lateral side head. This will typically include some sort of lateral raise. I will typically pick 2 exercises and do 10-12 total sets.
Favorite Side Delt Exercises:
Side Lateral Raises
Uni-lateral Side Raises
Wife Grip Upright Rows
Recent Front/Side Delt workout:
1. Superset: Do these 2 exercises back to back without rest for 1 set. Do 4 sets total.
1A. Barbell Front Raise: 15, 15, 12, 10 reps
1B. Wide Grip Upright Row: 12, 10, 8-10, 6-8 reps.
2. Side Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 50 reps incorporating as many pause rest rounds as necessary.
Wittig apparel by Ryderwear. Get 10% off everything Ryderwear.com/Wittig with code Wittig10.
Wittig always fueled by Kaged Muscle Supplements. Get 15% off Kagedmuscle.com with code Wittig15.