I am genetically a tall, thin guy. Instead of comparing myself to others I’ve been targeting my weak areas and improving them through strategic hard work. Back width (along with my calves) have always been one of those areas in need of improvement. Something I’ve done for a good while now is work Back twice a week. There was a period I worked it three times. Recently I had the idea of splitting up my Pull movements (chins, pull ups, etc) and Rows. I’ve done this type of training for about a month now and really enjoyed the intensity and soreness the next day. Here is a example of this last weeks two Back workouts. Follow my daily workouts with video of all on my Snapchat and Instagram Story (WittigWorks both).
Monday: Pull Day
1. Weighted Wide Pull Ups: 6-8 reps plus double drops.
Note: If you cannot do weighted Pulls use the Pull Down Machine. I did these with a dip belt and a chain around my neck dropping each upon failure. Total rep ranges in the 10-12.
*All this to failure, drop the chains to failure, drop the ball to failure.
2. Superset: Do these 2 exercises bad to back with no rest for 1 set. Do 3 sets total.
2A. Wide Behind Head Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6-8
2B. Close Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6-8
3. Superset: Do these 2 exercises bad to back with no rest for 1 set. Do 3 sets total.
3A. Cable Straight Bar Pullovers: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps.
3B. Straight Arm Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
4. Mid Range Wide Pull Ups: 3 sets to failure (~10-12 for me).
Note: Mid-range partial reps. Burn them out.
Thursday: Row Day
1. Hammer Strength Row Machine DTP: 6 sets of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, then using my 20 rep weight one final set of 5 reps, rest 5 secs, 10 reps, rest 10 secs all the way back up to 50 reps. Use pause rest as necessary.
2. Meadows Rows: 5 sets of 10-12 reps.
3. Superset: Do these 2 exercises back to back with no rest for 1 set. Do 3 sets total.
3A. Gironda Rows (rope attachment): 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps.
3B. Seated Wide Row: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps.
4. Side Lying Raises (rear delts): 3 sets of 12 reps each side.
5. Hyper Extension Bent Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps.
Note: Perform a normal Hyperextension with light Db’s and perform a bent lateral raise at the top.
My workouts are intense and long. They demand results. I push myself to the absolute limit every time I workout. I have to do this being a natural pro competitor competing against those half my age. In addition to proper nutrition and intense workouts I am always fueled by Kaged Muscle Supplements. I take their Pre-Kaged 30 minutes before each workout, sip in In-Kaged during my workout, and take Re-Kaged fast digesting whey for maximum recovery immediately after each workout. I am consistent on all fronts and I see consistent results. Get 15% off Kagedmuscle.com with my code “Wittig15”.