The big Olympia weekend is over as well as a big natural IPE show in Kansas City. I had friends competing at both events and regardless placings their hard work has only inspired me. I am currently 6 days out from the natural pro IPE Windy City Natural Sep 22 in Chicago, IL. I’ve been doing my best to keep you all updated on my contest prep so today I want to share small changes that were made this last week.
- Nutrition: As of last weekend I stopped my weekly dirty cheat meals and moved to clean high carb days. Instead of my typical Saturday Pizza or Mexican it’s now home grilled chicken and baked sliced potatoes. My main carb sources at this point are oatmeal, rice, and potatoes. I’ve been having Kodiak Cakes for breakfast on my two high carb days throughout the whole contest prep and continue to do so. As of last weekend no more beef or pork and only chicken and lean turkey. I started introducing a fair amount of asparagus.
- Supplementation: This last Wednesday (leg day) was my last use of my standard Pre-workout, Intra, and Aminos. I have replaced all those with self made drinks using Kaged Muscle Supplements Hydracharge, Glutamine, Citrulline, and organic caffeine. More info on this below. I will keep my multi-vitamin, whey isolate, dextrose, and KM Ferodrox (testosterone support) all the way up until the show. Get 15% off KagedMuscle.com with my code “Michael 15”.
- Training: Now that I am pretty much stage ready I slowed my workouts down just a bit. No more non-stop Giant sets and more supersets and single exercises with short rest periods. All movements are being done slower and controlled. I am using more machines and cables to prevent injury this close to contest. No more big barbell movements. I have been hitting abs 3x a week and continue to do so.
- Cardio: My cardio schedule has been just about the same since starting my ‘Diamond Cutter’ program. As of this last Wednesday my steady state cardio as been cut. I am only doing 5 rounds of HIIT 3x a week here on out. My body fat is low enough that stead state could start digging into to muscle.
- General: I am starting to have food and ‘treat’ cravings, but I know it’s just in my head. I am doing a lot more posing at the gym between sets and at home. Taking lots of photos and video of my posing to review and get critiques from friends I trust. I continue to do daily weigh-in’s upon waking before food and water to track progress. These final days I take progress photos 1-2x a day. I discovered I look best 90-120mins after dinner.
I want to thank my family, friends, and coach John Gorman for all their support in my competing career. Special thanks to my sponsors who without this upcoming competition would not be possible: Kaged Muscle Supplements, Swole O’Clock, and Elite Training Tulsa. These are not just companies, but good people who have had my back in life for years. Thank you all!
Annihilate to Motivate,
IPE Natural Pro
Kaged Muscle & RyderWear Athlete